View Single Post

Old 12-29-2010, 12:42 PM
www.shanewootenband.com

Default Re: Heater not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by j75sense View Post
Corrected: hose does have vacuum when max ac is on. which i assume is normal. the top radiator hose is hot and the bottom is warm. the right heater hose is hot and the left heater hose is warm...so im guessing flush the core or try changing the therm. I have read many posts where changing the therm. does not help though
I think it should have vacuum on "off" and "A/C" settings..

CORE:this seems to be common, on the 4clangers, I've had to do it twice. last yr n this yr.... common for the core to get clogged, (must be a corrosion issue) just remove both core lines, and flush with a water hose both directions thru core..

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by j75sense View Post
Hey,

I have very light heat in my 99' 2.5 ranger. i found a broke vac hose going to my heater valve. i cut the end clean and re-attached it. but still no heat nor any vacuum on that hose. Do i need to follow it under the fender and replace it? i have decent vacuum on most hoses and very light vacuum going to my egr valve ( disk). not sure if that pertains to this issue or not. any advice would be greatly appreciated. also my ac clutch kicks on and off all the time
the vacuum line is only for closing the valve, inspect it and make sure it is open.
example: diaphragm "in" is closed, "out" is open.. you should be able to move it with your finger.
A/C clutch: works on all setting to circulate the systems oil.. I dnt think it runs the compressor on "vent" only

Last edited by terryduanemiller; 12-29-2010 at 12:45 PM.