Thread: Overcooling?
View Single Post

Old 12-27-2010, 08:23 PM
www.shanewootenband.com

Default Re: Overcooling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX4OR View Post
I know this is kinda old, but figured better to bring it back than start a new thread.

I'm still getting the same 'almost normal' temp reading as above. After running the truck about 15 miles on the highway, I popped the hood and felt the coolant hoses, both heater core ones and the upper radiator hose were warm, but not hot by any means. Drove our other cars about the same distance, and felt the hoses after the drive, and both were WAY hotter than mine. Before I go get a thermostat tomorrow, does anyone have any other ideas as to what it could be?
thanks
flush the heater core, the little amount of coolant that passes thru the core runs over temp sensor on exit, this is where you get your reading from.. the lack of flow thru the core is cooling what coolant is in the core by extracting the heat, then the cool coolant it sent out running over the sensor.. I just did mine... trust me.. try this before you go get a stat.. it doesnt take much to clog the core.. flush it in both directions..