View Single Post

Old 02-13-2022, 08:30 PM
Vehicle Upfitters

Default Re: 3.0L -- Where do I bolt engine hoist sling to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn the Ranger View Post
Replacing engine in 2000 Ranger 3.0L V6 with Auto, 4x4.

What holes in the block are best to secure the engine hoist sling to, to pull the engine?

Intake manifold bolt threads are M8's. Conveniently placed, but they seem a little light, even though I bought four high grade (10.1?) metric bolts to do it.

Also, any suggestions on what to replace with new, before I drop in the rebuilt NAPA engine? I'm thinking the six fuel injectors ($50/ea), spark plugs & wires, water pump, and EGR valve, things that would be a "real joy" to replace once engine is in.

Thx ahead of time.

Is it rebuilt? or Reman? there is a significant difference?

If its a rebuilt, for the cost I would hope it at least came with new plugs but if not, the suggestion from across the table would be NGK plugs and wires. Already experimented with all the arguments, the OE wires and plugs would be second choice.

Water pump isn't new either or is it without? Would recommend a new/or a reman Ford unit. EGR should be replaced, you already spent $xxx.xx on the motor, may as well start off clean.

Depending on other needs, location, and or whether just returning to stock for reliability, there are other thoughts that come to mind..