View Single Post

Old 12-27-2010, 03:30 AM
Ford Tough

Default Re: The Offical Vent Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrymes99ranger View Post
This rant is about my camera. I left it over night in my truck. A few weeks ago. And ever since then it wont auto focus. I'v checked the settings and everything. It just hasnt been the same since. So it's gonna cost me 240.00 to get fixed. Unless I can find someone else to fix it.
I wonder if the overnight low hit freezing that night you left it in the truck? Most cameras now do not advise exposing them to the freezing point or colder. I say freezing point because in Canada that is 0 degrees Celsius..in the U.S.A. it is 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Years ago I bought a Fuji digital camera..worked fine for about a year...then the auto-focus/lens movement started fouling constantly. I'm scared to buy another one. I did use it for some shoots in severe cold...like -23 degrees C. Now you don't want to spend the 240 dollars to fix it unless they promise it will work fine, give you a warranty on the work..plus the camera is worth way more than that. Otherwise consider it garbage..like my Fuji...I still have it..don't know why..good prop to destroy in a video in the future I suppose.
JBA s.s. headers&exhaust, K&N cold air intake, Bosch Iridium Plus 4 plugs, Royal Purple in motor, 5spd & diff.,Superchips programmer, axle girdle. Also have but yet to install KYB Gas-A-Just shocks and Belltech sway bars.