View Single Post

Old 06-29-2020, 01:13 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: 99 4x4 - 33" tires, 3" body lift alignment issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelociRanger View Post
Looks like it’s not really that bad. It’s all in the green, and it’s difficult to get everything like it was from the factory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller View Post
Well only camber and toe wear tires. And if those are correct measurements it should not wear the tires. Does that mean the tech didn’t bump the head and make it green no. Did you watch them the whole time they ran it out? Or just afterwards? And does it pull all the time? Or only when braking? Give more details. Is it actually pulling or is the steering wheel just not center? And are they the same tires that were on it before all these news parts?
It pulls to the passenger side - not so bad you have to fight it, but enough that you have to keep it corrected while driving. Doesn't pull while braking, so the brakes seem fine. Tires are the same ones as before - didn't pull, and ran straight down the road with an alignment that was done in the driveway.

Steering wheel is centered.

Yeah, it ain't bad, and I don't expect it to drive like factory. I can certainly live with it - and may try to find a camber kit that provides a little more adjustment. I think the Moog kit allows for +/- 1 5/8". Not sure if there are kits available that offer a little more adjustment.

Just trying to get it as good as I can - I do want to get another set of tires, but want to make sure that I work out any alignment issues before that. Tires ain't cheap!