View Single Post

Old 06-22-2019, 03:07 PM
St. Louis Ranger

Send a message via AIM to Bereswill
Default Re: Fan is working. Nothing coming out od vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by turismolover22 View Post
Correct. I'm not sure exactly how your vac system is routed (in reference to where the vacuum source would be located on your engine), but check the passenger engine bay wheel well, specifically the "inside" engine bay side. From the wheel side, you will see the detent where it mounts, with 2 8mm bolts. There will be a "globe" attached to it there (towards the front of the splash guard), with two vacuum lines attached to it. Follow them. One goes to the engine, the other goes into the cabin. This is to keep a vacuum supply at all times so the vents don't change from their settings to defrost.

I found mine to have melted against one of the exhaust manifolds. The nipples will typically be glued to the hard plastic emissions/vacuum line. You can go that route, and get new hard line and nipples to replace what is broken, or purchase the appropriately sized rubber/silicone hose and slip it over the line if what is remaining is in good shape. I personally rerouted the vacuum feed line so it couldn't melt again, or be abraded away from vibration.
I checked the vacuum lines They all look fine.
I'm at a loss.

Can I put a vacuum pump on the line and see if I can get the doors to move?

How much should I be getting from the engine?