View Single Post

Old 01-26-2019, 07:30 PM
Ford Tough

Default Re: afkrejci90's 02 XLT build

All painted

Added seam sealer to the seam gaps to prevent any moisture intrusion or a place for it to sit and rot the door again from the inside out. Didn't come out looking like a factory applied job since the sealer I used was really a quick skinning sealer, most of it will be hard to see anyways.

Only got a shot of this one side. The color is a bit off since the surrounding paint is badly faded, plus red is a hard color to match anyways. The whole truck will probably be getting repainted soon anyways so the slight difference isn't much of a problem right now. At last I have doors that latch completely and can now have interior lights.

Since my doors latch now and the truck doesn't 'see' open doors, I can finally run interior lights now so I decided to swap them out to brighter LEDs. Found a killer deal on headlamp bulbs for the plow so I switched those out too.

On a side note, picked up a new daily driver so I can devote more project time to the ranger. Up next is replacing the rotted out bed and working on rust proofing the the frame and fixing any remaining body rust.