View Single Post

Old 08-19-2018, 09:24 PM
Habenae Est Dominatus

Default Re: Undrstm8ed 94' Ranger Bed "Overlanding Trailer" build...

So took some time to finally get the bed up on the saw horses yesterday. I will have to cut 8-10" off those legs eventually though but for now, chest level with minimal bending to get to the underneath for things is kinda nice for the moment while its appropriate.

You'll notice there is some dents in a couple spots. I actually got a couple out with a dent hammer, spoon, and a door skin block today. Not perfect but considering the PO drilled holes and wasn't able to pull the metal out with body hooks [no shit], I was able to do a bit better and I can always lead the holes in and sand it down.

The one on the top corner near the tailgate is rather difficult.

Other spots came out good enough that the wrap will hide most of it.

in a day or two once I get the dents out as much as I can. I'll take a wheel and clean up the outside of the bed. Shy of washing the bed out, the scratches will actually help allow the bed liner material stick better so sanding it down further will be necessary but as you can see, half the works been done already.

A mismatched tailgate is likely but again once the wrap is done, I won't nor will anyone else see it. Hoping to find a Black or if lucky another "medium Aubergine Metallic" [purple] tailgate that actually matches but.. yea, not likely to happen.

I know its just a trailer but, there is a sense of pride going into this and I'm hoping to have this done also before 2020 Expo West without having to wait until last minute anything.

My Build Pg. Threads
+ 93' Ranger Overlanding Build
+ 94' Ranger Bed Overlanding Trailer Build
+ 12° North Industries ~ I Support