View Single Post

Old 07-23-2018, 12:40 PM
Habenae Est Dominatus

Default Re: Undrstm8ed's 93' XLT Overlanding build...

So I just ordered a new set of tires this morning. Still love the Hankook Dynapro MT, went with a 285/70/17 LT over the 265/70/17 LT.. Got a fair deal on them again through a different shop. Originally I purchased my first set through Ramona Tire in SoCal and this time I bought local again through 12* North. I'll have to order an extra 4 later on for the spare (2) and eventually two more for my trailer project tires. This way all the tires can be swapped back and forth... The idea is both the trailer and the truck will have multi-carriers since the trailer will be made from a 94' Ranger bed I have and the left over 2WD frame, body lift spacers, and working 10.25" drum brakes, so having two spares would be nice.

Even if I remove the Flip-Pac for the Norweld Flat aluminum UTE tray and matching aluminum canopy I've been lusting after for the last year now [which I keep saying I'll throw on the back of an extra cab chassis], I can mount up to two 35" tires on the back of it if I recall right and I don't have to take the trailer, just its spare for a longer travel.

Come fall, I'll make the jump on the new wheels. Need/WANT the 17x9.5 wheels I found and I think by that time the newness will have worn off and i could get equally a good deal on the eight (8) of them I'll need to make things complete.

Still a lot to do.. it never ends or I get some odd inspiration to add in or change something. Just like the bed configuration is changing now that the trailer is coming to fruition.

My Build Pg. Threads
+ 93' Ranger Overlanding Build
+ 94' Ranger Bed Overlanding Trailer Build
+ 12° North Industries ~ I Support

Last edited by Undrstm8ed; 07-29-2018 at 01:22 AM.