View Single Post

Old 07-19-2018, 07:50 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Quick question:

So i ordered new pinch bolts and new nuts from ford white bear lake for spindle to upper ball joint for my new upper ford oem arms...

The 2 nuts are oval a little and when i try to nut it in by hand to the bolt (truck not torn apart i was just checking out new parts) it dont seem right and i screwed it in with a wrench and socket and took it out and when i unscrewed the nut out the nut was hot. Are these defective nuts or this is fords way of thread locker? The bolt did not get stripped or anything simply the nuts were doing friction on the bolt threads... Should i contact the dealer from which i got the nuts to get me 2 new nuts and that one bolt that possibly got a little messed up by screwing the nut. The new oem nuts cannot be threaded by hand all the way and no they are not getting cross threaded.

I need to know if this is normal on the nuts being slightly oval for safety or they are a bad batch of nuts. I simply like to use new hardware whenever possible...

----------

Nut part number i got was W520113-S441

And bolt is:

N808474-S439

Last edited by rangergambler; 07-19-2018 at 07:47 PM.