View Single Post

Old 07-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Habenae Est Dominatus

Default Re: Helper spring experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlowe View Post
my main thing right now is cost, from what I've seen shopping around its going to be $100+ per side to do full leaf springs where the helpers are only $70 for a pair and in my head may help to re arch the existing leaf packs

It's not really about the payload increase, I trashed the shell a year or so ago when the rails delaminated and have since replaced it with a light aluminium one
So lets build up a logical perspective here for a moment.

Helper springs are for payload capacity, not leaf spring crutches so in your thinking, truly they are a moot point.

So now with that in thought, you can buy just good ole` standard replacement springs for $82 each I saw on Rockauto and be Good As New. Rather than go to a point of paying for something MEANT to increase payload (since that is not a issue, NOR a desire as you say) and then re-arch old springs? and still perform all of the same work to do either plan.

Do I, errr. we have that correct?

Brotha, can I start a gofundme fund on your behalf to do it the right way and not cut or makeup odd corners? We could easily get 50-60 people to donate a single $1 for the cause here. There's some damn good people on here.

This way you can just get two new springs and be done.. Maybe if we get it at $1.50 we can get you a couple tools to aid in the work effort too.

My Build Pg. Threads
+ 93' Ranger Overlanding Build
+ 94' Ranger Bed Overlanding Trailer Build
+ 12° North Industries ~ I Support