View Single Post

Old 07-01-2018, 03:30 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

2010 2.3 stick with 2 inch maxtrac coils.

Few questions....

Is it going to be a bitch getting the spindle to jackup back into upper ball joint stud? Will i need ratcheting straps to strap into upper arm and lower to make them get married? I have a 3 ton real jack that i will keep under the lower arm and of course jack stands.

When tightening the upper control arm nuts is it critical to use a torque wrench (how many lbs?) or just common sense tightening?

I know the lower ball joint gets torqued to about 90 to 100 lbs. Or just efen tight using a 1/2 inch ratchet.

Stupid question:

Do different lower balljoint brands have different lengths at the stud area where it connects to the spindle at the bottom affecting ride height?

Reason im asking because a shop replaced 1 lower balljoint with a blue boot and a grease fitting but i dont see markings anywhere to order the same one to make it match. So if i get a different brand lower than that one is it going to affect anything like ride height?

Last edited by rangergambler; 07-01-2018 at 03:34 PM.