View Single Post

Old 04-11-2018, 08:36 PM
Ford Pickup

Default Re: Rear seat for car seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undrstm8ed View Post
Question is whats "legal" mean? Let me offer an analogy

Next time you're behind a bus, NOTE that it says its "Unlawful" to pass a school bus when the lights are flashing, NOT illegal.

Without getting into semantics, Illegal/Legal is the Statutory equivalent of your Employers handbook on company policy written by Corporate talking heads/Private business bureaucrats if you will. "policies" can be changed at will for the benefit of the means and usually are.

"Lawful" attaches a morality clause to the situation however and what I feel is the best way to truly bring about the defining of these two words is; "At one time it was LEGAL to own slaves but that doesn't mean it was LAWFUL.."

So whether or not it could be legal or illegal, question boils down to would you lawfully want to take the risk knowing all of the details that go into seat belts, seats and their rail counterparts, and the functionality and operation of the child seat itself?

@Barneycat said it best.. turn the airbag off and put her in the front seat properly. Keep your lil one safe.

Exactly my thoughts, the information I’ve read about seat belts ends up confusing me in the end. In my mind I think “A seat belt is a seat belt” therefore it would hold her car seat like any other seat/seatbelt would hold it, legal or not, but I’ve stopped myself from doing it because I wonder “what if I’m missing something or not understanding something” That’s why I havent done it, but I also wonder if my child is less safe in the front than she would in the back? So in the end, she hasn’t rode in the truck at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk