View Single Post

Old 04-04-2018, 08:11 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Lift kit recommendations for a 2002 ranger edge plus 4x4 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugxibowden View Post
I want to lift my truck and would like to know what you guys would recommend, new to the truck life so don’t know what is good and what is not.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your lift options are pretty limited for the 1998 and up 4x4 Rangers. You’ve basically got 3 choices.

-adjust your torsion bars using your STOCK torsion keys (don’t waste your time or money on lift keys). You can usually get 1-2” of adjustment out of the stock suspension, depending on how worn the torsion bars are. Any more than that and you start adding excessive wear to ball joints and cv shafts. Also, the more you adjust things, the stiffer your ride will get. This “lift” is free + the cost of an alignment

-3” body lift. This usually runs $250 ish plus instal. It’s basically a bunch of plastic spacers that lift the body off of the frame

-4” super lift. This runs $2,000 ish (with the superlift front driveshaft) + instal. This is the only true suspension lift for our trucks anymore, and it’s really just a bunch of drop brackets that space the front suspension away from the frame

- Vegas Desert Fab also offers a long travel kit that increases whelk travel and gives 2-3” of lift, but that’s a lot more money and a whole nother can of worms

I personally run the superlift on my truck, but that’s mainly because I found a good deal on a used one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1995 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 ext. cab 4.0l v6 SOLD