View Single Post

Old 03-25-2018, 08:49 AM
2000 xlt

Default ford...hard to work on

I am just venting here. Ford Ranger pickups are hard to work on. I replaced my passenger window regulator, changed my engine, my upper rear door latch and cable, and have tried to disable my door chime and seat belt dinger. of all these, changing the engine was the easiest part.LOL I tried to silence my door chime. The GEM is blocked by an ac duct. there was an upper screw holding the duct in place that was blocked by the dashboard. I tried to pull my instrument cluster bezel to facillitate removing the steering columnn covers to get to the blue key in wire connector. one screw on that bezel is placed behind a major steel bracket where you cant get to it.....the rivets i had to drill out to replace the upper rear door latch and the window regulator have a stud in the middle of them so the drill bit wont stat centered,,,,,I have tried oil pan removal. I am a great mechanic. I read up online on oil pan removal, and it is a major bitch if it can be done. I could not get my original oil pan off of the first engine. gimme a break....

Last edited by foosmadman; 03-25-2018 at 09:04 AM.