Thread: Front end swap
View Single Post

Old 12-03-2017, 09:27 PM
Habenae Est Dominatus

Default Re: Front end swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubb44 View Post
As anyone ever taken the front end off of a 97 ranger and replaced it with one from a 98 and up body style? Fenders appear to have the same body line as the rest of the truck. But was wondering about fitment as far as the fenders bolting up, grill, core support, (where the light sit into) and the grill and of course lights themselves. Would the wiring from the 97 work with the lights for the 98? I'll post pics of both trucks. Wanting to know IF this could be done without to much cutting, splicing, grinding and fabrication. Thanks!
You will need 98+ fenders whether OEM or Fiberglass, The Radiator Core support and whats called a Header in front of that. What ever vehicle you get the Rad core support from you'll need the two brackets for the header if its not there [used] from that particular vehicle or if you're getting new. You will also need the two lower fender brackets that extend from the Header as the 93-97 are much shorter. Also the headlights and corner markers, grill, and of course the hood. The hood is available in both steel and aluminum versions. You will need to fab the correct bumper up as well no matter if 98+ stock or Wincher style. Baja styles you may be able to fudge it.

I have a rounded to the nearest $1 or $5 (near Completed) list of everything needed with exception of those brackets which I am calling on tomorrow from a local dealer. If you want it for reference or other reasons I can get it to you (?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggdotcom View Post
Found a brush guard in a buddy's scrap pile marked 1998 ranger. He said I can have it, but is there a way to fit it to my 1996 without changing the rest? My front end was recently repaired and is in excellent knit, no need to change it, just want to add the brush guard.

Thanks.
Unfortunately for your damage multiplier.., not as a direct bolt on. You may be able to fabricate or Re-fabricate brackets as the 98+ bumpers mount to the frame horns differently than the 93-97.

Between both of you, I am leaning towards the 98' front end swap on my 93' Std cab which will compliment my Norweld Aluminum flatbed UTE tray and canopy more so than the 93-97 looking one.

My Build Pg. Threads
+ 93' Ranger Overlanding Build
+ 94' Ranger Bed Overlanding Trailer Build
+ 12° North Industries ~ I Support

Last edited by Undrstm8ed; 12-03-2017 at 09:31 PM.