Thread: recall
View Single Post

Old 10-24-2017, 09:17 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelicanman View Post
i got ahold of ford,there jerking me around.
They say they only have passenger side air bag,would you like to make
appointment.I say no,i want both done at same time.Well drivers side is ordered,
I say when are they coming? They say we don't know.WTF kind of service is ford
giveing out.This is at Tropical Ford S.OBT in orlando.
I'm calling back monday and try to get different service person.
old guy,

Takata is the company that manufactured that dangerous air bag and they are back logged into the next decade. If Ford can't get the parts to replace WTF do you expect them to do.......just pull them out of thin air??????

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoward View Post
Yes, probably concerns the air bag debacle. I have a 2003 Edge with a 2004 leather wheel and airbag. I have the VIN from the truck the leather wheel came out of and it is subject to the recall. Ford dealer won't fix it because it isn't in the original vehicle. Told them that when it blows my face off, I will come and sit in their showroom, so everyone can see what happens when THEIR service department won't do their job.

No, it isn't connected anymore...

I thought the problem with your year Ranger air bag system was the switch underneath the brake master cylinder can catch fire. Unplug it at the master cylinder and I didn't know that Ford ever had a fix for it.
I can see Ford not covering it in your case because you replaced the steering wheel for some reason.