View Single Post

Old 10-14-2017, 03:50 PM
Sure, why not.

Default Is it my starter or something else?

After I replaced my clutch kit, I could not, no matter what I tried, get the top starter bolt threaded all the way in. It went in enough to hold the starter, but I guess road vibration wiggles it loose. Every once in awhile the truck won't start, and I'll have to crawl under and wiggle it back into place. Then it fires right up.

But I keep having electrical issues too. No matter how tight the bottom bolt is threaded, the ground cable keeps coming loose. Last week I tighted the bolts down as far as I could again but I still couldn't get the truck to start. Battery needed water, so I filled it and had no issues until now. Sometimes it starts no problem, sometimes I have to wiggle the starter, sometimes I wiggle the starter then it just clicks like a dead battery.

So I don't know what's causing this issue. Do I have a short in the starter cable? Bad battery?

Also, occasionally when I'm driving down the road, my headlights will slightly dim and my radio will reset. But it's only sometimes, and my dash lights aren't affected.

So like I said, I'm having issues with the starter but also electrical problems. Are they related or totally separate?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thrush Welded 17651 muffler
Blue painted interior - Blue headlight mod
Blinker mod - Throttle cable mod

------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
If a chart said you were straight, but you know you like dick, would you still believe the chart?