View Single Post

Old 10-08-2017, 03:15 AM
Useless olde guy

Default Re: Random pics of your truck thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
Congrats. No 5.0 this time?
Thanks Matt! No, thought I'd try something different. The potential for better mpg is what got me. As it sits, my 5.0, would blow that 3.5 right out of the water. I've done a lot of talking and research, and with what I've found, the same tune I used on my 5.0, will do wonders for this little engine as well.
Also, something totally different for me, I'm not lifting it, and going no taller than 33" tires on it, those are BFG KO2's on the '12, 34.4" tall, and the stock 32" on the '17. That alone will help with launching, right along with the 10 speed trans. In fact, if I don't run out of time, I might remove the rear block today. Also looking at either Borla, or Ford Performance, SI/DO, with black duals under the bumper. I have to be careful here, I know the sound is going to be different, but the last thing I want is the "fart can" sound. I would like to hear the turbos as well.
'04 Edge, Scab/flareside, 2wd, 3.0, 5 speed, 4:10 open. Billet grille, Raceline Raptor black wheels, 265/75/16 DuraTracs. Tbar crank, AAL. Fox shocks, Thrush welded SI/DO swept back side exit. Morimoto projectors, '06 tails and power mirrors. LEDs all the way around. Blacked out fender badge. Access Limited rollup tonneau. 5% tint on back three windows. Airbox mod, FWIW. And a Border Collie that likes it too!!