View Single Post

Old 09-24-2017, 08:22 PM
Habenae Est Dominatus

Default Re: Urethane bushings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Yikes, that doesn't sound like something I'd like to be hearing. Since it's started to sag, I'd take a close look at the box crossmember at the very front of the bed, the one where the bolts go through. Can you pickup that corner at all?
I just got about 85% done on my bed replacement, that crossmember was a thing I looked at closely when I got the salvaged bed for it.
Hope it isn't a none repairable issue.

I think I had around 150k when I had just about a complete front end rebuild on the Ranger. I was downstate, and my back was against a wall. Everything was replaced with Moog, not junk by any means, but I would have preferred ES.
Ill have to look at that Wed and see if anything is odd or out of spec.

Only thing I've taken notice of is the front edge of the bed floor where it meets the so called bed "firewall" and the floor was separating in a way that I couldnt really see or understand.. like something was prying between the two planes of metal if you will..

And currently I am on a quest for a older 4x4 rolling frame in which I plan on doing a full frame up resto on. Seems extensive and excessive considering age of the truck but I have my reasons...

I may even do a aluminum UTE flatbed and canopy on the Standard cab I have now and when I get a extra cab 4x, transplant the Flip-Pac onto the new rig. So like you, I am a bit of a moog fan and will go through both rigs from bottom to top.

My Build Pg. Threads
+ 93' Ranger Overlanding Build
+ 94' Ranger Bed Overlanding Trailer Build
+ 12° North Industries ~ I Support