View Single Post

Old 09-14-2017, 10:51 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Google says website is a known phishing site

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnday View Post
Cool, I've got it now!
As is obvious, I'm no computer kid.
I've become somewhat of a paranoid with ID theft, people thinking it's cool to screw up anothers computer, etc.
One thing I have learned, and baffles me, how the language has changed, and some terms no longer apply to what they did.

I must be out of touch. I don't care really, my wife and dog still like and put up with me. Usually.
Other than taking the usual good security measures for your own computing equipment, I'd suggest worrying much less about what's going on on your end, and much more concerned about what others are doing with your personal information, be it info that you voluntarily surrendered or someone else did it for you (probably via some fine print deep in an agreement that almost nobody ever reads). Like for example, Equifax, whose epic f*ck up will impact about 44% of Americans. Banks 'puters being hacked, PayPal hack, it never ends and for the most part, these people are getting away with little more than offering consumers one year of *free* credit monitoring.

*Must be nice being an exec at Equifax, when you learn of the hack back around July 29th, you can sell some of your stock before SHTF and the public knows about it five weeks later, and thus protect your wealth. IMO, each and every one of those guys need to be relocated to a gated community, one with razor wire on the top of the fences.

Proudly JAP/RICE free since March 2000

Last edited by cowboybilly9mile; 09-14-2017 at 10:53 AM.