View Single Post

Old 08-28-2017, 06:58 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default 88 ranger....RIP

Well I bought the truck about a month ago completely rebuilt the transmission (shift kit, gaskets, bushings, clutches and a coupe of broken parts)new exhaust including manifold all the way back. I got everything working great.... but I didn't do something right when it came to the fuel pressure regulator. The vacuum line was clogged I cleaned that. Then I took off the regulator to make sure that was still good. I think that I may have messed up the oring or the connector to the fuel line wasn't completely seated. Driving it to work it was running great other than the faint smell of fuel. Then the road lights up bright orange on the sides. Pull over, shut it off,get out.......fire pouring out from front wheel wells and hood. Truck is completely gone, nothing salvageable except maybe the frame. Just thought I'd share this, if you smell any ANY! Fuel while driving..... kill the vehicle and stop! Fix the problem before driving it again. I dont want anyone to loose anything like this, it sucks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170715_211655.jpg (96.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 20170828_055720.jpg (86.6 KB, 13 views)