View Single Post

Old 08-23-2017, 01:04 PM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default Re: Superlift tire size question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyspy View Post
It would be tight. If the truck is strictly street driven, you might be able to get away with minimal rubbing. But if you plan on wheeling the truck, you're gonna want some more room.

4.5" is also a lot of backspacing. With a 12.5" wide tire and that much backspacing, you'll probably be rubbing on the sway bar.

Another thing to consider is gearing. Being you have an fx4, you have 4.10 gears and the 4.0 motor. That's the best case scenario from the factory for turning larger tires, but it is still a little on the under geared side to be turning 35s. I run 33s on that combo and it's a gutless turd, so I can only imagine how it would be on larger tire. So, unless you plan on regearing, I would shy away from anything larger than a 33, just from the standpoint of being able to turn them.

Thanks for the reply, and its going to be a street princess. I don't plan on wheeling it at all it's the first truck I bought on my own. It's still kinda brand new mileage wise for a 2003 with only 30k on it. Would I only be rubbing on the sway bar at full lock? And would 4.56 be the best gears to go with?