View Single Post

Old 08-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Ranger 2 in. lift alignment problems?

I have a 1994 Ranger XLT 4x4. Last winter, I put some 2 inch lift blocks under the coil springs to level out the truck. It resulted in some severe positive camber. I took it to get aligned a few days later. When I picked it up, the technician told me that it's aligned, but the truck now "pulls to the right" and he claimed he couldn't make an adjustment to eliminate it, due to the coil spring spacers. I got used to the fact that it pulled to the right when driving. I would just have to hold the wheel straight. A few months down the road, I noticed that my tires were wearing very unevenly. By the time I got 2 new tires, the old ones were completely bald on the inside, and barely worn on the outside. So I got 2 new tires put on, and had it aligned once again at a different shop. They rotated the tires so the old rear ones were now on the front. The technician at this shop told me that they " got it as close as they could." Immediately I noticed that the truck still pulled to the right when being driven. To this day, it still pulls to the right and I'm getting tired of it. My tires are also still not wearing evenly. Even when you look closely at the front of the truck, you can tell that something is just not right with the alignment.

I've read that when the height of a vehicle is altered, it should be fitted with different camber bushings to allow for more adjustment. I have a feeling that I might need these to correct the camber, but my question is, what kind do I have to get and where can I find them? If that is the case, I don't understand why the alignment shops didn't just install them and charge me.
Also, my Ranger has 31x10.5x15 tires all the way around. They are obviously not the size meant to be on this truck. Could these over-sized tires also be causing alignment issues? If anyone can help me out, it would be greatly appreicated. Thanks for taking time out of your day to read this.