View Single Post

Old 08-18-2017, 04:53 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Question on shackle flip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger024x4 View Post
lol! I knew someone who actually did this before. scary shit

----------

Incorrect. Just stating that posting a vid of a stock dodge chucking a driveshaft and saying "See!!! Everyone is going to die from a shackle flip" is nonsense.
Your just being a jerk now, I never said everyone will die from a shackle flip.

Posting the video is not nonsense when incorrect pinion angle can cause premature U-joint failure and driveshaft ejection.

Many of these people that end up doing these types of modifications are not knowledge enough of the potential consequences of their actions.

Perhaps seeing driveshaft getting spit out the back of a vehicle on video will be just enough to make them reconsider just randomly modifying their truck without doing it right.

I know when I commuted to work on a regular basis in a car, truck or motorcycle it was hard enough dodging potential accidents from careless drivers let alone trying to dodge parts flying off of poorly modified or maintained vehicles.

You just do not get the point that untrained people modifying their suspension without doing it right needlessly puts innocent peoples lives at risk for no reason other than to save a few bucks.

I sure would hate to see the look on your face if any of your loved ones were killed from some punk that wanted to look cool and his modifications were the cause of the death or deaths in your family.

I have to believe that no one in their right mind is so careless that they could be informed of the potential dangers yet still cut corners and do a modification like this without doing it right.

I could care less if they do the shackle flip mod or not but if they do they need to at least correct the pinion angle and driveshaft length if necessary.