Thread: 2.3 low power
View Single Post

Old 08-17-2017, 02:06 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: 2.3 low power

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaRanger View Post
Wow this is the second or third thread where I have seen you talking to new comers harshly
I've never worked on vehicles before and yet you talk to me like I should know everything there is about diagnostics when you someone here said to check the belt and see if it was installed correctly so I did yet I am scalded for doing so? Makes sense. Seem like you have a "know it all" complex you need to figure out
Compression test will be done and no further advice needed from you sir thanks
You were the one crying about wasting 11/2 hours rechecking the timing belt.

If you consider what I wrote as a scalding your wrong.

If you consider what I wrote harsh tough Sh*t !!! life is much harsher.

Just be glad I couldn't headbutt you through my video monitor, I would do anything to get the message across that you need to perform basic diagnostics.

When you rev up a engine that has a known problem for who knows how long until the manifold glows red is proof positive you need some harsh words in your life.

A glowing red exhaust manifold could be a sign of overheating, a lean mixture, advanced cam timing , clogged exhaust, lack of oil pressure ETC.

Doing what your doing to this poor truck could lead to burnt exhaust valves, burnt pistons, burnt rings, scorched cylinder walls and a wrecked engine. ( so go ahead keep up the good work )

I admit often that I do not know it all and forgot most of what I did know, you are way off base.

I am passionate about helping others even knowing upfront 90 percent of the people that get help here wont even bother giving us the satisfaction of letting us know the information found here helped them solve their problem.

We do not get paid to help but we help anyways.

We do not get paid to check back with subscribed threads throughout the day in order to provide timely responses yet we do it anyways.

You went out purchased a cheap 1996 Ford Ranger with who knows how many miles on it.

Your first post you did not mention when the last time it ran correctly or if it ran correctly when you purchased it.

Admittedly you have never worked on vehicles before, yet somehow you became a instant expert on the timing belt and re installed the timing belt with what I am guessing instructions from YouTube.

Never mind open up a service manual and confirm what the damn book has to say about the installation. ( more information I provided that went ignored )

You have a 1996 Ford Ranger countless number of people have tinkered and worked on that truck over the years, doing God knows what to it, that poor truck may not even have a 1996 engine for all you know.

A compression test hopefully will reveal if your engine is healthy and will let you know if the timing belt is at least close to being correct.

A compression test is the very first thing you do when you are dealing with a unknown engine.

If you have low compression on one or more cylinders nothing else you find wrong with the sensors, spark plugs, wires, fuel pump etc matters until you have good compression.

If your done crying and abusing your truck and want help I am happy to do so.

If you do not want help from the one person who has the time and knowledge to do so that is fine I can just kick back and watch your poor trucks demise.

I just hope you are smart enough to research the information you get to weed out people that are just feeding you crap to make your
Sh*t sandwich that much higher.