Thread: 2.3 low power
View Single Post

Old 08-13-2017, 02:33 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: 2.3 low power

Yes it's completely stock
When I got the truck it was way worse the timing belt was way off and was timed to the divits on the gears instead of the triangles
So I fixed that and was getting miss fires codes so I decided to change the plugs which they were pretty old and rounded
Then changed the wires for good measure since they looked like the original wires
Cleared all the codes and all that seemed to help but still felt low on power
When I had my code reader hooked up I was looking at the live data and noticed the ECT sensor had sporadic readings
Anywhere from -40 to 50 degrees so that didn't seem right changed it and it helped but not much
I checked for vacuum leaks and had some dealing with the vac ball for the a.c. controls
Ran some new lines and that seemed to help a bit idk maybe just the placebo effect
I haven't tested fuel pressure because the Schrader valve on the rail has messed up threads and i dont know where to get a replacement or how to replace it
So I decided to change the fuel filter for good measure since it looked original
Haven't tested compression because if it was low it wouldn't start or idle good would it? Anyway what do you think?

----------

As for the o2 sensor i got a code for it one day and looked under the truck and what do you know the wires were ripped out of it maybe it got caught on the drive shaft no clue so that's why it was replaced