Thread: Craigslist / eBay Find: Electric 1997 Factory Ranger
View Single Post

Old 08-09-2017, 10:01 PM
Bringing hell to the city

Default Re: Electric 1997 Factory Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboybilly9mile View Post
They were never prototypes. They were produced for use in California where there was expected to be legislation requiring a certain percentage of zero emission vehicles put in service in future years. Ranger was not the only vehicle put in service in anticipation of this, there were two others that come to mind. Times changed, the legislation didn't come to be, and at the end of the long term rental period, oops, lease, same thing, ROFL, Ford opted to sell some of them. This, unlike GM that insisted on crushing all but two of them, cars that were popular beyond all belief and with customers fighting to keep them. Nice going GM, you people are the greatest,, killing off a product that your customers loved and even having to steal them back from customers that refused to surrender.
I thought for sure that the electric trucks were 98 and 99 years. And all the pictures of the EVs I have seen had the tach type cluster (with different gauges obviously)

Weird thing for me, running the VIN says very little and doesn't mention it being electric.

I knew you were an alright guy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
The only reason it's worn out junk is because you've gone 70k miles without changing the oil.