View Single Post

Old 12-20-2010, 10:16 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Battery dead after 4 to 5 day non use of truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye59 View Post
The only lights active with ignition off are fords theft deterrent light and yes its suppose to flash and the non factory stereo red light that blinks for what ever reason. Some kind of deterrent too I assume. Its not mentioned in the manual. Not going to scratch my head any longer its going to the shop for the Pros to deal with it. Oh and the Battery is a year old.

Thanks for all the input and ill post the post op results after they drain my wallet.
I agree the blinking light on the radio/stereo is just a fake anti theft light. I have one on my Matrix..........however the "THEFT" light in the instrument cluster that is flashing. Is it flashing every 2 seconds or is it flashing rapidly when the truck is off....................also check for silly things like the glove box light staying on. etc..............to bad you have to bring it to the "dealer" not all of them are "Pros"...some are "Cons"..

2004 Ranger, Ext Cab, 2WD, 3.0, 5 speed , 4WABS, crank windows, no cruise, Edge 116k.(6/5,2014) (SOLD).
1999 Ford Ranger, Reg Cab, 2.5, 5 speed, 2WD, no AC, 150k (SOLD).