View Single Post

Old 07-06-2017, 09:35 AM
<<< Husky the High Dog!

Default Re: Steering Wheel Vibration at High Speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_hynes View Post
I'll do that. I have noticed that when I spin the steering wheel right and then slowly turn it left again i feel and hear a "popping" noise every 10 degrees or so of wheel turn. I'll get the wife out there today to turn the wheel for me while I'm down there listening to figure out exactly where it's coming from. Since I only hear it while turning, my thinking is a tie rod end or ball joint, and it feels and sounds like it's on the left side somewhere. Could that be causing vibration though at high speed?

And luckily no cash will be spent anyways; I work for a tire company so one perk is free tires every once in a while lol. But if they weren't free I agree, best to identify possible other causes that may be a lot cheaper than paying for 4 or 5 tires.

And RoberticuMaximus, no pulsing in the pedal as far as I'm aware, I can double check on the way home today though. What could that mean if I did have that?
Pulsing in the brake pedal would indicate possibly a warped rotor. Which can eventually wear out other components. Starting to sound more and more like tires to me!