Thread: Hid headlights
View Single Post

Old 06-06-2017, 07:45 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Hid headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredretired View Post
That's the way I read into it as well, Cowboy. Seriously, unless one is into Ford Rangers, 99% of the people out there, including cops and possibly even the people doing inspections, will never know that 05 Rangers did not come with projector housing. Even if they gave it a thought they would not care. Indifference is a good thing here.

I will do it right with TRS Acme projectors (cannot afford the higher end Morimotos). These are made with HID in mind, good quality with a nice sharp cutoff so blinding oncoming drivers is not part of the equation.

For the cops, bigger fish to fry.
I'm curious to see what you come up with for projectors and if you build, how they perform. This since I've done a bit of homework and roughed in a few ideas myself. One of the concerns is the amount of space (depth) within the current light fixture for the projector assembly; if you measure then go shopping, you'll know what I'm talking about. I've seen people get around lack of depth by cutting the back of the fixture and using something to build back a larger cavity; if what I'm reading is correct somewhere along the way the distance between the back of the fixture and the radiator core support, or the location of the hole in the core support changed, and thus, less space for the build. There would also be the need for a good preliminary light aiming; IIRC one member here recently ran into this one. There are two people here who have installed headlights with projector assemblies in an 04 and an 07; hopefully they will add info to this and maybe post some pics.

Proudly JAP/RICE free since March 2000