View Single Post

Old 05-18-2017, 07:50 AM
Like the Forums

Default Re: Truck won't start, just a single click

Ok I'm very sorry for all the posts! I was sort of hoping to be able to document the steps I took to troubleshoot the issue, and I was finally able to get the truck to start.

A few things about my truck:
1. 2005 3.0 V6
2. The starter has the solenoid built in, there is no external solenoid that I know of.
3. I can't find an external relay bolted to the fender, all I could find was the fuse in the fuse box.
(I list these things because the manual and online sources say to check these things, and they may not be on your particular vehicle.)

The manual lists some steps to follow, which includes cleaning battery cables and terminals, checking all the grounds (Thanks Cobraman), and making sure all connections are tight. I stripped the battery cables back to get cleaner wire, and put them back together tight. I put the starter back in and made absolutely sure the wires were connected tight, and the truck started right up. Not sure how I really changed anything, but I'm not complaining!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzrt_ranger View Post
I had that problem before and it was as simple as bad battery terminals. I replaced them and didn't have a problem anymore. my friend had the same problem and he replaced them and they're fine now. that's something cheap that you can try as well

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
You replaced the posts on the batteries, or the clamps that connect to the posts? I've heard of people replacing the terminals and I get confused.