View Single Post

Old 05-01-2017, 05:25 PM
Anxiously Optomistic

Default Oh no, an old lady just joined!

Longtime Ford van and Ford class C motorhome owner who's just put a deposit on a 96 Ranger my mechanic is selling. Rebuilt engine, new timing chain, a whole list of things replaced after they bought it from someone who couldn't afford the repairs. I'm no mechanic and past the days of crawling under a truck though I am quite capable of doing a tune up or something simple like a starter on a pre-computer vehicle. The body is in good shape, the interior filthy to say the least. I love remodeling so my goal will be to get it all purty again. I've already priced new carpeting and haven't even got it home yet. Need to sell my van or they will let me make payments but it might take a few weeks to come up with the $1700 (fair price in my opinion) they're asking. I'm hoping to tow it behind my motorhome one day, the hightop van is just too big. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions and appreciate any suggestions. I've got pictures but lack of wifi is preventing me getting them from phone to computer right now. Will add asap.