Thread: Rally cross
View Single Post

Old 04-15-2017, 07:14 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Rally cross

Got around to painting the hood. Just used flat black spray cans. Not perfect and I don't expect it to be. Next thing I'll be doing is cutting off the muffler and straight piping it with solid mounts bolted to the rear body. Also need to install a plate under the body with threaded rod welded to it so I can have the battery bolted down. Also need to jack rear up and look at the rear diff. May bring it to work and put it on the lift. I believe the rear diff mounts are messed up. It's got some home made reinforcements in place. May have to take diff out and weld in some plates to reinforce it. Will be getting some 20-50 to put in it as well. Nice and thick for the Florida summer heat. Overall pretty happy with the car. Planning to install oil pressure, oil temp, and water temp gauges as well just for added security. If anyone is interested, I'll keep posting as work goes on to the car, also if you have any tips or anything. Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 B2300 reg cab 2.3 Lima, 15x8.5 Mickey Thompson classic 2, 31x10.50 cooper discover at3, 7.5 open 4.10 rear, dynomax super turbo catback, alpine iva-w200 w/ nav, kicker 6x8s, alpine type R 8, alpine 250W mono amp, power bass 400.4, tool box & camper shell, compustar alarm/remote start.
1956 Ford F100 rust bucket with big plans!