View Single Post

Old 12-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default I never had a problem with my 2003 ford ranger edge pickup...a week ago i didnt get a

I never had a problem with my 2003 ford ranger edge pickup...a week ago i didnt get any acceleration and i heard popping sounds...i changed the spark plugs and after a while i replaced the spark plugs again and they were burnt like gas wasnt going to the fuel injectors and into the cylinder..i take to a mechanic for a diagnostic..then without my permission they replace the fuel pump fuel, pulse damper, temp send w gauge, coolant temp sender, oxygen sensor, fuel filter.. Can all the fuel injectors go bad at the same time..the mechanic said that one of the fuel injectors were bad and now he replaced all of them? He said that since one of the injectors went bad thats why hes getting an uneven voltage 6 on one side and 10 on the other and when he replaces the injector that both sides will be the same at 8..please help..i think this guy is trying to fool me..he said he was going to charge me 700 dollars to do everything..i said ok..today he calls me to go in and he says it is 2000 dollars now...i cant afford it im a disabled air force service member receiving disability payments..i only make 12k a year to survive..please help me..i dont know what to do...if this mechanic made repairs that i didnt authorize can he charge me..i have not signed one piece of paper..there is nothing but a verbal agreement to diagnose the truck and replace the fuel pump and one fuel injector and sensors for a total cost of 700 dollars...is he going to remove everything and destroy my truck..please help me