View Single Post

Old 03-23-2017, 10:40 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: How to: Rear disc brake conversion for stock Ranger rear end

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredretired View Post
Just browsed through this entire thread. Very informative and some very smart people. I realize this thread is old and a lot of the pioneers of this mod have since moved on to greener pastures, but noobs are the life blood right? Besides, this thread is still very relevant even today for those of us that refuse to give up our Rangers and want to keep them running as long as we can.

OK, I just would like to summerize the 700+ posts a little and if I am off base or misinterpeted the info, please.

My 2005 FX/4 is a prime candidate for this mod. 28 spline 8.8 diff.

My truck being a post 2001 it has the computer controlled breaking system so no hassles are expected with poor rear breaking as experienced by those with the earlier models of rangers. I noticed almost without exception that those that needed to mess with different MC or proprtional valves had pre 2001 trucks.

While not a must, it is a good idea to use stainless lines in the back at least to help further minimize a spongy feel in the petal. Front lines retro would help even more.

Locating the caliper mounting brackets has been a challenge to me but I have basically just started this project so i will keep looking.

Again, I realize this thread is old and I may get flax for reviving it but in my mind this thread is a great forum resource and should be kept active simply for the wealth of info here.

If anyone has the time or desire to input I would appreciate to hear from those of you that did this mod and what your experience has been since you did it.

Thanx. TR
I haven't done this YET, but I have all of the neceasary parts sitting in my room. As far as getting the brackets I highly recommend going on Craigslist. People love modifying/wrecking mustangs. I was able to piece together a full kit for $80.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk