View Single Post

Old 03-21-2017, 10:57 AM
Habenae Est Dominatus

Default Re: Need help understanding Stereo System...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict1997 View Post
For the absolute best sound, you're going to need component speakers set up in kick panel boxes with separate amplifiers and equalizers. Midrange woofers in the doors and sub woofer in the back.
Most people should stay away from EQ's, 11 out of 10 people set them up incorrectly anyway, (Yes you read that right). An Equalization piece is MEANT to be used by taking too much of a frequency and bringing it down in order to achieve a flat curve. However, most if not nearly everyone will ride up the controls on what they don't [think they] have enough of.., i.g. - the typical smiley face setting*

And first, despite I like where you were going with it.. without trying to sell the OP on something he may not need or want, lets try to sort through his true needs here and find out the direction he headed in or should head in. before committing him to either a $10k system with no real understanding or a $400 system of junk components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheitt View Post
I started doing stereo installs before the internet but I imagine theres a few hundred good videos on it. Installing an amplifier is dead simple.

Power goes to positive of battery.
Ground to a decent ground.
Remote goes the the remote out from your deck (it'll be a blue wire)
Rca cables from deck to amp.
Speaker wire from amp to speakers.

It really is that simple.

A decent quality 8ga wiring kit will be plenty for that amp. So get one of those. You'll need a second set of rca cables as most kits only come with one. I use 10' rca's in my extended cab and even they are way long. I need to try a 6.5' set one day here.
Where I have to disagree on the simplicity outside of common sense instructions, you and I both know that experiences plays a major roll in car Audio installation.

And I either I lost my way through the thread or I didn't see what amplifier he planned on using specifically and not that your suggestion of a good grade of oxygen free FULL copper wire isn't a good one. I would gauge wire based upon the draw of the amperage and distance. Just because the amplifier could be the size of a 10" tablet, lets not ignore the rule when you look o the side and see @4 - 25 amp fuses.. Now we have a current issue and an amperage issue.

My Build Pg. Threads
+ 93' Ranger Overlanding Build
+ 94' Ranger Bed Overlanding Trailer Build
+ 12° North Industries ~ I Support