View Single Post

Old 03-19-2017, 07:28 AM
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Default Re: Build Thread: 1983 F100 XLT

Alright so yesterday after I bought the carb and air cleaner, I did a little work on the intake I picked up, this is it before the mods:

It's a 64 dated K-Code 289 intake. I pulled the plug out of the rear of the intake, plugged the hole as it serves no purpose for my use, also pulled the studs out of the intake and ran a 5/16 course thread tap through the holes as the studs were rusted in the intake a little. You can see the cleaned up threads in the pic along with the plugged hole which I think might've been for an oil bath air cleaner.

Here's the carb and air cleaner, it's a 1403 Electric Choke with a new air cleaner, replaced the paper element filter with my re-washable one.

Friday I bolted my timing cover on and sealed it, along with my water pump, I pulled the valve covers and intake off and the plugs out and set the valve lash on the engine. So that's now done, valve covers are on, waiting to get a carb spacer Thursday as I need that, and am also gonna need Edelbrock P/N 1483 for my kickdown/passing gear rod on the C6 I'm gonna swap in. I still need to take the radiator by the car wash and clean it out and finish hooking up the rest of the accessories.

A week back IIRC I replaced the Ignition Key Cylinder in the column as I think that might've been the issue for the kid putting in the starter button. The damned button hung up on me and kept the truck cranking with the key off. I need to un hook the wire he ran and see if I fixed it or not.
'83 F100 XLT RC/SB, 5.0, AOD, Factory Tach, American Racing wheels, 3.08 gears, Mustang Roller Cam with Cam Advance, Stainless Shorties, Edelbrock 1403 carb, 289 D-Code 4bbl intake. AOD to C6 swap in progress. <--- Build Thread

'86 F150 RC/LB 4x4, 4.9, Np435, Np208, 3.08