View Single Post

Old 03-09-2017, 11:39 AM
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum

Default DIY Suspension Replacement '99 Ford Ranger

Hey guys I am looking to redo the suspension on my 1999 Ford Ranger. I inherited it when my Dad passed and it wasn't running. I just replaced the Engine with a Reman. from Orielly's and it runs now, but it rides BAD... so I think my next project is to redo the suspension.

I didn't have the knowledge to do the engine myself but I am determined to DIY everything I can from here on out so I am looking for some help...

Its a 1999 Ford Ranger. Standard Cab. 5-Speed. XLT 2.5L. I am pretty sure the rear shocks are stock...

So, what I am looking for, for starters are:

What all do I need to replace? Shocks (I'm sure). I don't see front struts on it. So I am guessing Coils and Leaf Springs?

With the information I have given could anyone point me to the correct parts at Orielly's to purchase to get back to stock Ride height and a smoother ride all around?

Also, I have been thinking about raising the truck a few inches, what would I need to swap out on that list to accomplish this? Any recommendations there?

Thank you ahead of time for all of your help with this. I greatly appreciate it.