Old 03-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: Best suspension lift for money

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeymike View Post
You sure it clears 31's?

A budget and 35's don't get along.

What kind of wheeling and what kind of budget would be helpful

Why not just wheel your tj, it will out wheel all our lifted jeep, after all.
Yes, it has 31" Cooper Discoverer's, they ride fine for all the mall crawling I've done so far. But, I'm afraid when I try to go over any decent sized obstacles they are definitely going to max out the stock (and blown out) suspension.

Yeah, I am doing some research and finding that 35's are going to be a pain in the ass. Have a feeling I'll need to go lower ring and pinion gears just for 33's. Any advice on that by the way? 4.10's vs 4.56?

As for my wheeling, most of the roads around here are run down logging trails, some beginner like rock crawling up in the higher Sierra's but I want to start getting into some more intermediate crawling trails.

And as for the jeep... it's gonna cost me 2-3 times as much to build it up as compared to a ranger.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyspy View Post
^^^

35s are big boy tires. Haha. You're gonna have to regear. The TTB is pretty stout, but regearing it can be a pain.

I'm a little shaky on the 1st gens, but I believe you're gonna need at least 9" of lift to clear 35s. (Example, 6" suspension + 3" body) A lot of companies make a 6" suspension lift. They're all pretty similar; taller coils and drop brackets for the beams and radius arms. Rear is easy; lift springs

I'm all for wheeling a ranger. I wheel mine and love it. Sure, the aftermarket support that keeps have would be nice, but I like a challenge. Haha. Glad to see someone else that wants to wheel in a ranger.
Yeah, I know I'm gonna have to regear. I probably should have already done it for the 31's honestly. I am pretty sure I'm gonna stick to 33's and go lower ring and pinion (numerically higher).

9" lift is WAY to much for the trails I go on, honestly I'm almost worried about 6" being too much. Out here we have mountains haha so it's all about getting as big a tire as you can while keeping your chassis as low as possible. I like the idea of lift springs for the rear.

Thanks man

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrunner33 View Post
Just do fiberglass! I have about 3.5" of lift from my long travel and f31s and a hangar flip in the rear. I have 35s and I have room for days.
Now that's a good idea haha but I'm not making a prerunner, I'm making a light duty rock crawler type truck. Thinking of just cutting the stock fenders for more clearance.

Yes I said the forbidden words "cut the fenders" and my dad is gonna shit the bed for it but I don't care about looks, this rig is gonna be 100% functionality and 0% style
2000 TJ stock on 31" KM2's