View Single Post

Old 02-18-2017, 05:58 PM
Learning to use the forums

Default Pioneer installation issue

Hi--

I tried to DIY install a double din Pioneer unit today and I seem to have screwed up somewhere. The unit will not turn on, and I also tried plugging in the old stock unit and it will also not turn on.

I am a bit confused as to what could have gone wrong as the installation is pretty simple. I removed the old unit, used a radio wiring diagram to solder the wires together, and hooked everything back up (had to trim the bezel to make the unit fit).

The only potential thing I can think of is that I initially plugged the receiver wiring harness (Metra 70-1771) into the wiring that comes out of the vehicle just to make sure it fit and I had the right part. I had a hell of a time getting it back out and may have pulled one of the wires loose (?). I honestly have no idea if this is plausible or not it's just the only thing I can think of that would explain the old unit not working as well. Is there anyway I can test and see if this is the case? I am not particularly handy but can follow instructions.

It is too dark to take pictures now but I will post some tomorrow morning. I will also check the fuses though it seems hard to imagine that I would have blown the fuse while installing this.