View Single Post

Old 02-10-2017, 03:40 AM
Like the Forums

Default Time to let her go.

What can i say about this truck. I got her when i was 16 and I loved taken her out on adventures through the woods. The experiences we had are ones i will always cherish and she was a great first truck for this guy. She served me well since i was 16. Unfortunately her high milage has taken its toll and i can't make financial sense of trying to fix all the problems she has. where so i start?
- Front suspension is shot.-need new upper/lower control arms, shocks, coil overs, etc. was quoted 1400.
- transmission- started about 2 months ago. was driving 35 and truck acted like it was in neutral and no power to the wheels. Went to transmission guy and said he knew it was the sprag clutch- 1600 fix or 2500 rebuild. O/D sensor started flashing then too-we all know what that means
- engine likes to shut off below 1500 rpms-havent figured that one out yet. especially when putting into park or stopped at red light.
-Should get new tires- 800 for a decent set nothing special
- the reflector in my headlights broke and havent had time to replace those yet.

This is just the stuff i can think of off the top of my head. I cant justify putting all this money into a truck that is worth maybe 3000 at this point, especially when all the repairs is close to 6000. That being said i think its time to move onto something a little newer and a little bigger. Im currently looking to upgrade to a newer model f150. I just graduated college and got a new job and i think its time to cut my losses. I hate to see her go but maybe somebody will want to take her in and fix her up.