View Single Post

Old 02-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Scrambles the DeathDealer

Default Re: 01RangerEdge build thread

My build has gone fairly quiet since the last post, I've been selling old stuff and getting stuff done around the house but more tools have arrived and I can get going again.

One of the things that has been on my mind lately is suspension. I've said before that I was going coilovers, but now I'm second guessing myself. Now, nothing against them, but adjustability is becoming more important. Yes, I know you can buy adjustable coilovers, but here's one catch. I can't adjust on the fly.

Why does that matter?

My shop has 7 foot doors, and I'm already close to that. (I never actually measured my overall height before the teardown) But if I'm going to run 37's or possibly 40's, getting in the garage will be impossible.

Or will it?

I've talked about borrowing ideas from different scenes on this build, and I'm now leaning at a bagged setup. I've seen several lifted trucks with bags and I love the idea of being able to adjust on the fly.

I think my new plan will be to run bags on all 4 corners that will allow me to drop low enough to clear the garage door and still be able to drive and turn the tires. Then ride height can be whatever I want it to be.

Some of the offroaders on this forum will probably not like this idea since it's too much pavement princess, but I've made it clear that this truck has retired from offroad duties. I'm building it for me and I want it to be unique. The truck will still be capable, I just don't plan to beat on it. Light wheeling is never out of the question.

----------

I forgot that I do have a recent pic

Drivetrain: D30 SAS, 35" Toyo Open Country MT, 20x12 Fuel Mavericks