View Single Post

Old 12-22-2016, 02:17 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: How To: Remote Start

First things first, we need to sort out the wires on the harnesses.

Let's start with the PKALL bypass module as it is has the fewest wires. There are 2 wire harnesses: one 6-wire harness and one 4-wire harness. The 6-wire harness is what gets connected to the ignition barrel anti-theft wiring as well as some ignition wires. The 4-wire harness brings power to the bypass module. I DID NOT use the 4-wire harness as a D2D so I had to make some required cuts shown below:

The PKALL vehicle fit guide says we need to use the Connection 3 ignition barrel diagram. I looked at my ignition barrel and realized that the connector looks exactly like Connection 2 instead of the specified one in the guide so I wired the connection up for Connection 2. The required wiring is as follows:

To access the ignition barrel 3 screws must be removed from the bottom steering wheel trim piece. The connector of interest will be green as follows:

The Connection 2 wiring will show what pin corresponds to what on the ignition barrel connector. Make sure you check which wire color corresponds with what pin. The only wires of interest in this harness will be the TX and RX data wires. **The pins may be reversed so don't make any permanent connections until bypass is programmed.

PKALL
6-pin Harness
PURPLE/WHITE goes to RX (DATA IN)
YELLOW/BLACK goes to TX (DATA IN)
**Again these may need to be reversed
BLUE/WHITE goes to BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT of Remote Start Satellite Harness
GREEN is not used (can cut and tape)
PINK goes to PRIMARY IGNITION CIRCUIT (I tapped into the PINK wire of the Remote Start 6-pin harness)
BLACK is not used (can cut and tape)

4-pin Harness
*you can try programming by simply plugging the ends of the connector into their corresponding inserts but I had to make cuts mentioned above
PIN 1 (may be RED or BLUE) goes to a (+)12V source (I tapped into one of the RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT wires of the Remote Start 6-pin harness)
PIN 3 BLACK goes to a GROUND (I tapped into the BLACK GROUND wire of the Remote Start 9-pin harness

Those are all of the connections needed for the bypass. Programming instructions will in the PKALL manual. I have nothing to add to those instructions other than doing the process fast. Faster than you'd expect.
My wiring for the bypass looked like this:

Last edited by horizon94; 12-22-2016 at 02:27 PM.