View Single Post

Old 11-17-2016, 07:45 AM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: 2003 with emissions problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids2003 View Post
o2.heated o2 and cat

----------

if the fuel trim is good on one bank and bad on the other, it kinda screams of a bad sensor.
Yeah those all tend to go together. You can try changing the sensor but that could also be the result of an incomplete drive cycle. You have to be super careful any goosing of the throttle can mess it up. I once drive a 98 f150 200 miles to get those to go ready for the test. It just wouldn't do it.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearlkid9988 View Post
Yeah those all tend to go together. You can try changing the sensor but that could also be the result of an incomplete drive cycle. You have to be super careful any goosing of the throttle can mess it up. I once drive a 98 f150 200 miles to get those to go ready for the test. It just wouldn't do it.

If the sensor is cheap it probably won't hurt but I hate throwing parts at a problem but you logic seems good. It's hard to diagnose just from fuel trims though.

(For Sale)2003 XLT 5speed swap, Hurst Shifter, STX valance SLP drop coils, thunderbolt hood scoop,Screamin demon coil, Flo-pro super v, 1.8:1 Morana rockers, Roush sway bars, SCT tuned by Fred at Rogue, Taurus E-fan, 15x8 Torque thrust wheels gunmetal on chrome, Led 06 tails and smoked HID projectors, mud flap delete, painted drums/calipers, Rear flip kit.