View Single Post

Old 12-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Ban Survivor. (x2)

Default Re: 4.0L V6 troubles need help fast!

Something to check also would be if the cooling system build pressure rapidly after starting. I know by the time it warms up there is pressure. I'm talking like start up a cold truck, grab the upper rad hose. Is it hard like a rock..? You should be able to squeeze it a little.

I had a sebring jxi that did this thing. Water pumped work. Thermostat was new. Had good heat. Turned out that there was a crack in the exhaust part of the head/valve/water jacket...somewhere anyhow.

This was pumping exhasut gas into the radiator, cause the hose to be hard. It would take about 10 miles of driving before it would start to overheat.

A shop can test this for you, they put something in the radiator cap opening and will test for exhaust gas. Its cheap and easy test to do. But check on the hard hose thing
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install