View Single Post

Old 12-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Ford Tough

Default Re: How Much Oil Is Too Much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSilver View Post
Maybe a little paranoid but I drained some out the drain plug into my oil collection pan.
It's now just above the top hole on the dipstick. Ford sure had the drain plug on tight! I had to use a rag on my wrench to put enough pressure on it to break it loose.
Thanks for everyones suggestions and comments.
Good to go. While you maybe could have left it..having taken some out will quit you worrying about it. When I was 16-17 a friend bought a used 350 Honda...we both had only motorcycles then. The 350 Honda's..2 cylinder..4 stroke..late 60's to mid 70's had a very long dipstick..at least 6-7 inches long...with low and high markings on the last inch of it. He phoned me up and told me his bike was running really bad. He had filled it with oil as you would many lawnmowers..up to seeing oil at the bottom of the hole the dipstick goes in! It probably had twice the oil it should have had..maybe even more. The local Honda dealer quickly confirmed every oil seal was blown and maybe even more damage done. So a slight overfill probably doesn't matter. But in extreme cases like that it sure does.
JBA s.s. headers&exhaust, K&N cold air intake, Bosch Iridium Plus 4 plugs, Royal Purple in motor, 5spd & diff.,Superchips programmer, axle girdle. Also have but yet to install KYB Gas-A-Just shocks and Belltech sway bars.