Thread: DRL disable
View Single Post

Old 12-09-2010, 01:35 PM
DISABLE ADBLOCK: LOLZ

Default Re: DRL disable

Quote:
Originally Posted by winks View Post
I'm with Jp7 on the relay idea. I've done my research as well since my 2004 has them - no idea why, it's an American truck.

While I had my HID's, I toyed with the idea of connecting the low beams to a relay connected to the battery and switched on/off by the main wire off of the headlight switch. My theory is that the DRLs will be turned off and the high beams and low beams should be able to work through your switch. The wires connect to the module in the passenger side compartment, so you've got plenty of room to work with - you just need to figure out which wire controls your low beams.

If you do this, please let us know how it turns out. Even though I do not have the HID's anymore, I'm still interested in trying it out - I'm just too lazy to do it at the moment.
The best way to do this would be to this would be to swap the SJB with one that does not have the DRL. I don't know if the DRL is programmed through software inside of the SJB, or if the DRL circuitry is physically integrated inside of the SJB.

3 situations:

1 - You change the SJB to a NON-DRL SJB.

The Cluster and ECU will probably not be married through software to the SJB and the truck will need to be reprogrammed at the dealer. The truck will probably not start

2 - You have the software in the SJB adjusted so that the DRL is off. Only the dealer will be able to do this, unless you find someone to hack the software. This is VERY difficult to do, but it is something I am interested in learning how to do because very soon (even know) everything will be controlled through the SJB's via the CANBUS network (it's digital)

3 - (unlikely) possibly the SJB's are plug and play. I doubt it though because I know you can't use a different cluster on a 2004 without having it married through software. This would be the easiest option though, but I am guessing it will need to be initialized through software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
I'm dying to see this at night. Someone go tell the sun to give up already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef08 View Post
Your the man, you bring our dreams to a reality within the lighting spectrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCobe View Post
Jp7 you always do AMAZING work! Hats off to you sir
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireRanger View Post
People so often confuse "hating" with "knowing better".