View Single Post

Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 AM
Learning to use the forums

Default Re: Is this my PCV valve?

To follow up on how to change the PCV valve on a 2000 V6 3.0 L FF Ranger? I could find little information regarding this on the site or internet. I located it a few days ago by using a mirror and flashlight, but could not figure out how to replace it. There did not seem to be enough room to operate. Today, I decided to pull the PCV value out of its seat in the engine to determine how long the PCV hose was to ascertain if there was room to work on it with both hands. I determined after removing the valve from its seat that the hose wraps around the Driver's side of the engine and there is enough length to work on it on the side of the engine. You can actually see it rather than just feel for it with your hand. I did not determine where the other end of the hose attachs, because the hose was in good shape and I did not want to risk detaching it at the other end. I just removed the old PVC valve from the hose and put a new one in, then replaced it in the PVC seat on the engine. Once you get the valve out it is easy to do. Hope this information helps others who want to change their PCV.