View Single Post

Old 03-29-2016, 08:06 PM
Ford Ranger Driver

Default Re: Your Gun Pics, Post Em Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho99ranger View Post
Dont get wrapped up in the 9mm vs .40 vs .45. None of them are manstoppers. Its all about shot placement. Glock, Ruger, S&W and others all make good compact carry guns. Ive always recommended going to a range and spending the money to find out which manufacturer, which caliber, which model works best for you. You can never miss fast enough to win.
Bigger is better, right??? But seriously, I agree that shot placement is king in any self defense situation. I just figured a small .45 would be different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
The single stack in 45 cal will dig into your hand pretty good especially if your not used to it but I haven't had any problems with xd. I prefer to shoot the 9 in XDS.
That's what I reading in reviews but I don't plan on any extended shooting extravaganzas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPride! View Post
Do you have a range you can try different guns? I've got a local place and you pay like $5-$8 for a day rental and you can shoot all guns they rent. Then you can buy a box or 2 of ammo and try out a few different guns.

You might buy the XDs and line the feel...then when you shoot it...

I've been there. Not with my Warthog though.[emoji41]
Not any that I know of but my family and friends provide an armory to try out
The only Warthog I know of is from Halo.

And for littering this thread with text instead of pictures, here is my Traditions Dual Trigger Muzzleloader:

.257 Weatherby Vanguard (dad won it at an auction):

Pre-'64 Model 70 (was my grandfather's):

Last edited by horizon94; 03-29-2016 at 08:13 PM.